- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by AgoraphobicAgorist.
- Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 07:44 #324745AquablokeParticipant
So today yet another domino fell as Voyager followed 3AC, Celsius and Terra-Luna. Just like previous collapses people quickly had to come to the realization that the money is in fact gone. In some cases all the life savings gone in an instant.
What follows is anger, how could they do this? Are they even allowed to do this? Why did they act like everything was fine? Can we start a class action lawsuit?
I think what a lot of less involved crypto investors don’t understand is that this is part of the core of crypto. No regulation means no one to turn to when someone runs away with your money. This isn’t some bad apples either, do you really think FTX follows any laws? Or Tether? Or any of the other offshore crypto ventures?
Even if you are just in crypto for the tech or because you hate banks and you are not in it for ideological libertarian reasons, you are participating in a libertarian experiment. And if crypto ever does become widely accepted, it will be a libertarian world. And if in that world you don’t read the news about an upcoming collapse, you are screwed.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 07:44 #324746akiletour1
Couldn’t there be regulation for exchanges at least ? Like they have to own the crypto they sell you or have proof of reserves etcSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 07:44 #324747AromaticCarob
If crypto is ever to be come mainstream there needs to be regulation, at least of exchanges. And that is in the process of happening. The collapse of Voyager, etc has now guaranteed it.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 07:44 #324748hquer
TLDR: not your keys, not your cryptoSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 07:44 #324749AgoraphobicAgorist
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Investor reaches the milestone every crypto investor should be striving for, celebrates and posts “Finally made it to 1 BTC !”
- → Decentralising Capital. Solution to capitalism
- → Central authority, government, company, wild inflation and corrupt banks. – The Corporation (2003) – Capitalism: A Love Story (2009) – Inside Job (2010) – Laboratory Greece (2019) [Image]
- → I was visiting my old school and someone wrote this on the building.. It says “FUCK CAPITALISM, MARX WAS RIGHT, VOTE CORRECTLY, VOTE RED”. Sad. Fix the money. Fix the world. [Image]
- → Central authority, government, companies, wild inflation and corrupt banks. – The Corporation (2003) – Capitalism: A Love Story (2009) – Inside Job (2010) – Laboratory Greece (2019) [Image]
- → Understanding BTC and Capitalism: A zero sum game
- → As an XRP investor, I am still appalled by Ripple’s selling off, giving grants and donations and kinda understand SEC position
- → Borrowers on anchor protocol incentivized to borrow by being paid in ANC- how is this sustainable and how is Terra Form Labs building up such a big treasury from this? I don’t understand the diagrams and cashflows or how this works from an economic viewpoint (I believe it but don’t understand)
- → To really understand the cryptocurrency revolution, we must first understand how currency works!
- → It makes sense that so few people understand BTC, we have been using dollars forever and so few people understand how they work either.
- → Howdy, I just need some help in making some sense in of what these percentages mean? I can understand why the Apr goes up with wanting to borrow more dai but don’t understand why the other 2 percentages go down when I borrow more?
- → I genuinely do not understand a few things regarding cryptocurrency as it seems. i have a few questions. if anyone can please make me understand a few things:
- → If you understand what is happening in Lebanon, you’ll understand why is BTC so important.
- → Jerome Powell: We now understand how little we understand about inflation. Admits inflation models have been wrong for 40 years. Thank God for BTC!
- → When it comes to investing, first and foremost look at the tech and utility. Before you throw money into a project, ask yourself if you understand how it works, if you understand its utility, and if it really solves a problem.