- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 1 week ago by Malixshak.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205926diggipiggiParticipant
Disclaimer- I am not a security expert or even a computer geek. The suggestions I am telling are purely something I personally use or have read about them. It is not an exhaustive list so please comment if I have left something.
1) Get a password manager- Even if your password is complex it is impossible to remember too many different complex passwords for all your accounts. It is always good to have different passwords for every account and a password manager does that. You have to just remember one password to unlock it.
**KeePassXC** it my pick.It is a free and open source password manager but the best think is it doesn’t store your credentials online unlike most password managers. Another good option is **Bit Warden**.
2) Enable Two-Factor Authentication- This is a must and if you haven’t done it for god’s sake do it asap.There are some options but my favorite is- **Aegis**. **Authy** is also a good option. P.S if you are using Google Authenticator get a backup because when you will switch device it would be hard to restore the app.
3) Cold Wallet- You might be fed up by now by listening Not your keys not your coins but the reailty is most CEX are shady af. Also the peace of mind when you have your crypto in cold wallet is underrated.Get **Ledger** if you have a lot of Alts and **Tezor** if you just have BTC/ETH
Besides this always be aware of the sites you connect your cold/hot wallet and disconnect them after your usage. Also be aware of not sharing your portfolio information on social media platforms.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205927PopeSAPeterFile
4) Move OUT of the EU so you can use a hardware walletThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205928Maxx3141
4) Verify your wallet. Simply write me a PM, I will gladly guide you through the steps.
/sThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205929teddy_swits
At least my seed phrase is safe. I have over a million US in various coins, so I am very careful. First, it helps that I live alone in a small town (Kendall, NY) just one block north of the police station. I don’t bother with a security system because of that. Plus the house is green, so it kinda blends in. Anyway, it’s actually an apartment in my parents’ place – I have my own entrance and everything. I keep the door locked during the 9-5 grind except on Mondays because the cleaner comes in the afternoon.
I know what you’re thinking – no way someone is getting in this guy’s basement apartment! Well, it gets better. Let’s say someone does get by the police and my lock (or cleaner). Will they find my seed phrase? Well, they will find a seed phrase on a piece of paper that is taped to my computer monitor. It even says “Seed Phrase” at the top. But the joke is on them – it’s totally fake!
Where is my actual phrase? This is where the genius comes in! There’s a list of numbers on the back of the fake. These numbers correspond to pages in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy that I keep on my bookshelf. A word is circled on each page. These words make up my seed phrase, but in reverse order! I think it’s foolproof. Also, I have fire insurance.
/sThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205930StinkyPotato69
What should I do if an Indian person calls me asking for my crypto phrasesThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205931Pheriagrin
Ok but my uncle is the Nigerian prince…Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:05 #205932Malixshak
Bury your seed phrase somewhere in your yard where no one can find it
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Maintain currency conversion?[Action Required] NU and KEEP suppression. Merger of the Keep (KEEP) network with the Threshold (T) network. As a result, we will delist NU and KEEP on March 17 at 02:00 UTC.
- → Any tips on how to keep my ethereum safe online? I’m very new to it so not sure about how to keep it secure, or if my password is strong enough etc
- → Safe Seed Metal Book Stamp Kit / $100 BTC / 1,000 Moons Giveaway! Secure Your Crypto Seed Phrases With Safe Seed Titanium, Copper, and Stainless Steel Metal Books!