- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by benitoblanco888.
- Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 14:41 #358955AmadeusOrangeParticipant
The company I work for has me set with a Voya account and offer 100% to 4% of my salary and .50 to a dollar after. I make 71k and wanted guidance with 1) what an appropriate percentage should go into it 2) how to get all of this into purchasing BTC so I can move it out of the exchange and onto a cold walletSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 14:48 #358956OddMusician5418
I don’t think that you can pull funds from your 401k to place into BTC without incurring heavy penalties.Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 15:06 #358958Mr_P_Nissaurus
I still put money into a 401K, just to get the match.
I also buy Bitcoin, send it to my own hardware wallet, then hold long term.
Bitcoin: Separation of money and state.
401K: The government dictates how much you can put in, when you can take it out w/out penalty, when you MUST take it out… Etc. If not for the matching, screw the 401K.
If shit hits the fan, I can take my Bitcoin to anywhere in the world. I can’t say that about 401K.Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 15:20 #358957BitcoinFan7
You need a self managed 401k in order to purchase coins directly to store in a hardware wallet. It’s a bit of hassle, cost and paperwork to set up but totally worth it to secure your financial future.Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 15:31 #358959benitoblanco888
you can transfer your current 401k to a self-custody IRA without incurring tax penalties. Broad Financial offers this. for a nontrivial startup fee (something like $1-2k), they set up an LLC for you and you can invest as you like in alternative assets, including crypto, and hold your own keys
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Spot ETF / BTC in a 401k? How does it work with BTC?
- → For those who need to see this. In 2011 btc was worth $30. Btc halved in 2012. In 2013 we saw a $1000 btc. Btc halved in 2016. In 2017 we saw a $15,000 btc. Btc halved again in 2020 and we saw a $60,000 btc. 2024 is the next halving. 2025 is gonna be interesting.
- → BTC coming to 401k plans… who’s next?