- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by YamahaFourFifty.
- Thursday, July 14th, 2022 at 15:22 #337200gigabyteIOParticipant
To see amount committed to governance:
The Algorand ecosystem moved to a decentralized Governance model in Q4, 2021. Community Governance enables all Algo holders to participate in the decision making process on the growth and development of the Algorand ecosystem. The Governance approach for the Algorand community is designed for simplicity and maximum participation:
* Four quarterly Governance periods per calendar year.
* Each governor must commit to keeping a certain Algo balance for each quarterly Governance period.
* There will be at least one voting session in each period.
* Governors must vote in each voting session, but can choose to use a simplified UI to “vote with the Foundation”.
* Every measure to be voted on will have an information pack explaining it.
* Compliant Governors claim rewards for their service at the end of each quarterly Governance period.
* Reward levels are tied to the Algo commitment of a governor.
* Specific Rewards pool for each period, decided by Governance vote.
The participation rewards program has now been fully distributed and are completely replaced by increasing Governance Rewards for participants of Algorand Governance.
To learn more:
[https://algorand.foundation/governance](https://algorand.foundation/governance)Thursday, July 14th, 2022 at 15:22 #337201xVicinityx
Damn, I missed it? I thought I had until the 15th.Thursday, July 14th, 2022 at 15:22 #337202SafeMoonJeff
– don’t forget to collect your free Algo nft for being a governor 👍Thursday, July 14th, 2022 at 15:22 #337203jakekick1999
The only time I feel like a governorThursday, July 14th, 2022 at 15:22 #337204diamondbored
Go go Algo!!!Thursday, July 14th, 2022 at 15:22 #337205YamahaFourFifty
Been getting sweet 8-10% back thru governance after ~80% loss from price tanking past 6 months.
Ohhhh yea, but I’m in it for the long game —- at least that’s what I tell myself haha
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → At the moment there are more ALGOs locked that the circulating supply: 755 M ALGOs in Defi, 2.5B validating and 4B in Governance = 7.2B Vs ≈ 7B circulating supply. (I know the Governance data isn’t accurate bc people are looping but still I think it’s kinda impressive)
- → Let’s say LUNC gets back to a $40B market cap. The circulating supply will have to go from 6.9 trillion to 40 billion, a reduction in supply of 6.86 trillion or 99.42% of the supply for 1 LUNC to = $1. How long is it going to take for a 1.2% burn rate to burn through 99.42% of the supply? [Image]
- → Signups for the fifth Algorand Community Governance period are open until October 14th! Here is a walkthrough for participating using your Exodus wallet